Steam Turbine Application Engineer
- Posting Reference
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
The Steam Turbine Application Engineer has responsibility for Steam Turbine technical product strategy, opportunity evaluation and supports the proposal process for contract bids. It provides technical support for evaluation and resolution of customer issues and interfaces with customers, and operational business units. Develop and promote technical solutions and provide technical scope validation and other engineering and technical input to the ITO process in order to ensure efficient response to customer inquiries. As part of the Commercial team ensure visibility and mitigation of technical risks. Provide technical input to product/scope standardization within the designated product line.
- Selling Skills
- Analytical thinker, able to work cross-functionally to proactively recommend solutions
- Ability to influence customer and negotiate effectively
- Demonstrates effective listening and presentation skills
- Provides regional and product staff support in developing business strategy.
- Provides support to region to evaluate steam turbine aftermarket opportunities.
- Works with regional sales and engineering to develop specific project strategy to maximize win potential with profitable project execution.
- Assist in the creation of cost models and participation in DOA reviews. Strategy Development
- Able to understand and capture CTQ and support strategy development
- Works with sales to understand customer drivers on a sales opportunity and to develop and refine the sales strategy based on the commercial benefits of OneEthos products and/or commercial structures to the customer Proposal
- Supports proposal development and writes technical proposals targeted to the opportunity, customer drivers, and sales strategy
- Manages proposal volume within their queue, with appropriate management techniques, to meet internal and external deadlines
- Reviews proposal request information (RFQs, bid docs, etc.) and provides required support,
- Gathers technical data and assembles data into well-written, sophisticated details for proposals
- Functional knowledge of all EthosEnergy products and ability to develop a technical solution including multiple product offerings
- Excellent organization skills; able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously Reporting Relationship
- Reports to Senior Commercial Director, Steam Turbine Product Line, with dotted line to Chief Engineer
- Principal working relationships will be with the regional Commercial and Sales Directors, Engineering Leads and with EthosEnergy customers
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Commercial/Technical Skills
- Knowledge of commercial risks (payment terms, margins, delivery, credit risk, warranty, title transfer, cash flow, performance guarantees)
- Supports contract negotiations with timely document edits and internal review and approvals
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to propose and validate integrated technical solutions
- Supports deal reviews and approvals
- Ability to turn the project over to operations highlighting any known scope, delivery, or technical issues
- Support Extra Work process for all work in assigned region
- Participates in customer complaint issue resolution as required either resulting from a direct EthosEnergy activity issue or as requested to support other investigations based on knowledge held.
- Troubleshoot Turbines and their auxiliaries to support field life extension, improve output, increase performance or reapplication.
- Performs on site technical disposition of units during the normal outage cycle
- Supports Ethos repair shops to augment technical support as required
- Provide technical support and resolution services to EthosEnergy businesses in relation to issues dealt with through the workshops or field activities on an associated knowledge base, turbine performance, turbine mechanical design, and plant optimization. Product Marketing
- Work closely with field sales to maximize opportunities with focus on customer specific sales strategies and determining market level pricing
- Understand our potential customers and partners and their challenges, and use this knowledge to develop a customer centric product plan
- Provide technical content and review for new marketing material
- Develop and maintain product standards
- Provide technical training to the sales team Estimating
- Capable of extracting information from previous proposals and knowledge to generate budgetary proposals lacking required information
- Maintains all internal document control processes including hard copy and electronic storage
- Understands EthosEnergy approval processes (DOA, Compliance, Finance)
- Works with regional and shop teams to obtain accurate estimate(s) for working being bid Product Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Steam turbines, compressors, and generator
- Strong knowledge of overall OneEthos products
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to translate market findings into new product/enhancement ideas
- In depth knowledge of turbo machinery products and capabilities.
- Extensive ability to investigate product capability extension including potential for design changes, upgrades and improvements which may be driven by (but not limited to) cost reduction, HSE issue resolution or new product implementation requirements (and market drivers)
- Ability to lead and/or support Root Cause Analysis (RCA)Reporting
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Deep understand and ability to use SalesForce and other tools
- Ensures upward communication on all issues
- Communicates information effectively through both formal and informal means (i.e. verbal, written, and presentation)
- Adjusts communications to ensure that they are appropriate for the audience
- Minimum of 8 years experience with Steam Turbines
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient with SalesForce.Com
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject field, or equivalent work history.
- Must be able to stand for prolong periods of time, climb stairs, walk normal distances. Estimated travel 40-50%, visiting Customer plant sites, and EthosEnergy Facilities.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.