- Posting Reference
- Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Full Time
- Job Category
As a Valve Technician, you will provide technical assistance in the repair and maintenance of various valves in the workshop or at the customer sites.
- Maintain and care for all equipment, tooling and machines used.
- Work independently and assists other technicians in the workshop or at customer sites in the strip down, clean, inspect, repair and assembly various valves.
- Will be strip down and rebuilding control and safety valves.
- Tests valves for leaks and pressure settings.
- Records repair work, inventories parts and informs Supervisor of new parts required.
- Ensure that all work has been completed, inspected and signed off before passing on the next operation.
- Ensure that the workshop remains a clean a safe working environment with input into the company performance against the annual HSE plan.
- Performs other related field, maintenance or shop duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for the general housekeeping and cleaning of area of working.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of valve and BOP repair techniques
- Use and operation of tools required in valve repair
- Decision making methods to select appropriate repair technique for any valve
- Extensive knowledge of the use of using precision measuring and torqueing devices
- Extensive knowledge of valve packing procedures and methods
- Extensive knowledge of the suitability of various threads, flanges, and equipment working pressures; ability to identify types/sizes of threads and flanges
- QC understanding of dimensional check and precision measuring equip.
- Knowledge in pump expansion (hot) install of wear rings onto impeller (oxy-propane) and press fit (normal) install of peak seat - into valve body (hyd press).
- Sound understanding of the hydrostatic and pneumatic testing requirements and procedures
- Sound mechanical understanding with all or some of the following: - PSV repair and calibration - Control valves - Shut off valves - Inspection & survey - On / off valve - Control valve - PSV - Valve lapping - Valve testing
- Knowledge and ability to operate various valve test stands
- Good knowledge of all associated codes and regulations dealing with valve repairs.
- ITI in Mechanical Fitters + NCVT.
- Diploma is mechanical discipline preferred, although not essential.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience.
- Demonstrate advance skills in valve repairs.
- Light physical effort
- Sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting and operate office equipment
- May require travel across the Middle East and GCC countries Employees are individually responsible to ensure that they systematically arrive at the workplace Fit for Duty. This includes having taken sufficient rest and nutrition to be able to perform their duties in a safe, efficient and effective manner at their designated start time.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.