Director of Operations - PDOC
- Posting Reference
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
EthosEnergy is seeking an experienced individual for a Director of Operations position for our Performance, Diagnostics, and Operations Center (PDOC).
Our Performance, Diagnostic, and Operations Center (PDOC) is the team that monitors and diagnoses early failure modes to prevent further propagation, thus preventing higher costs of repairs, increase revenue loss, and unplanned outages. The PDOC will also perform selected remote operations of power generation and production facilities, including renewables. The role is a critical component of the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) team that is responsible for the reliability of our power generation fleet including leadership in the areas of condition-based maintenance through predictive analytics and collaboration with product and service Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to facilitate response directives.
- This position will lead the team that is responsible to monitor and operate thermal and renewable power generation and production assets. The team will utilize predictive tools to analyze equipment performance and evaluate trends to develop actionable recommendations to site operations. Responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned as needed;
- Coordinate with adjacent internal and external resources in order to operate the fleet safely and effectively.
- Recruit, develop, and train the PDOC team.
- Manage and coach team members to meet objectives and goals.
- Draft and implement operational protocols, processes, and procedures.
- Oversee the implementation of predictive models and algorithms.
- Establish processes to meet safety, compliance, and operational objectives.
- Facilitate organizational issue resolution internally and externally.
- Establish and maintain monitoring plan for health of the contracted facilities.
- Oversee investigation to evaluate and develop corrective actions to address adverse trends.
- Champion the use of EthosEnergy’s case management systems and reporting of equipment health to drive execution of actions originating from the PDOC.
- Oversee remote monitoring and operations of thermal performance of facility systems and prepare reports.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Functional understanding of operating in a medium impact NERC/CIP environment.
- A thorough demonstrated understanding of power plant and production operations, including a working knowledge of the O&M function.
- A strong understanding and commitment to Quality Management Systems and Programs.
- A thorough, demonstrated knowledge of energy facility operations, O&M contracts, and management methods are necessary to control and improve the business.
- Understanding of budgets, bid proposals, contract evaluation, and basic accounting principles, plant economics, and power pool and energy market operations.
- Analyze and interpret data to make sound professional judgements and recommendations.
- Ability to manage and motivate teams.
- Ten (10) plus years of power plant O&M experience with significant prior facility / plant manager experience, with diverse energy industry and corporate management experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or commensurate experience overseeing production facilities.
- Office based
- Limited travel may be required to meet with Facility Managers, Owner Representatives and for Corporate and Industry meetings and events.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.