Machinist (2nd or 3rd Shift)
- Posting Reference
- Duncan, SC, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
Join the EthosEnergy team today! We are seeking a Manual Machinist for our local, Duncan, SC Accessories & Components workshop, and repair station. The qualified applicant for Manual Machinist must have traditional machine shop experience (NOT JUST C&C) and will work with engineers and other production personnel to inspect, document and make repairs.
- Perform work on milling machines (Not just C&C), lathes, & surface grinding machines
- Use measuring & test equipment to ensure dimensional requirements are met, (up to .0002”)
- Read & interpret engineering drawings in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- Select, align, & secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments & accessories
- Interpret blueprints, diagrams and follow written process instructions Important Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions listed above.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- HS&E policy and able to interpret HS&E warnings
- Strong computer software capabilities (MS Office, Word, Excel)
- Proficiency using machine shop equipment to measure/cut close tolerances
- Understanding of machine shop theory, shop math and layout techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication (English) per FAA regulations
- 2 - 4 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- College or vocational high school education in machining and machining practices
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- FAA & DOT regulated work environment: Must be able to pass required background and drug test
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Good dexterity (grip, grasp, clutch)
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for up to 8 hours a day
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.