- Posting Reference
- Berwick, PA, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
Freedom Generating Station (FGS) is a $1 billion, 1,050MW, state-of-the-art 2x1x1 GE 7HA.02 combined cycle electric power generating Facility in Luzerne County, PA.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Manager to join our team. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing supervision, direction and leadership to the Maintenance staff including the Operations and Maintenance Technicians (OMT) – IC&E (Instrumentation, Controls, and Electrical) and the OMTs – Mechanical. This position will oversee daily maintenance activities, maintain environmental compliance and ensure that the Facility is operated and maintained in a safe, reliable, and economic manner.
- Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Direct the Maintenance Department daily activities.
- Promote a safe working environment and ensure that all personnel and contractors follow Facility and company safety procedures and policies.
- Support the HSE (Health, Safety, and Environmental) Manager to ensure Facility environmental compliance, as needed regarding work-related environmental issues.
- Complete NERC Compliance maintenance activities.
- Manage Predictive and Preventive maintenance activities at the Facility to ensure equipment reliability.
- Assures safe, timely and efficient resolution of problems to return systems and equipment to ready-to-run condition and meet system operability needs.
- Leads the Maintenance team and ensures work group activities are performed on time and within budget through effective planning, organizing, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities and utilization of resources.
- Properly plans for maintenance work using specific and clear scope, proper job justification, bid specifications and evaluation, and quality control.
- Utilize the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) to identify, plan, schedule, track, and document all maintenance activities at the Facility.
- Manages the procurement, receiving, issuance, and maintenance of an adequate inventory of materials required to perform Facility activities. Ensures that all inventory is linked to a piece of equipment into the CMMS.
- Delegate projects and tasks to the Maintenance personnel to maintain an acceptable back-log of work orders, work is properly distributed, and all personnel are being exposed to the various functions in the Facility thus increasing the experience level of the Staff.
- Develops and implements long-range maintenance planning to assure the reliable and efficient operation of station equipment.
- Responsible for outage planning and scheduling of maintenance to assure each request addresses material needs and other prerequisites such as equipment/tools needed, workforce needs, and procedures required.
- Manage outside Contractor performance, including evaluating proposals and quotations, generating purchase requisitions, providing direction and expectations, and monitoring work performance.
- Provide input and support in the development of the annual budget and annual maintenance plans.
- Maintains a productive and motivated Staff through sound human resource management and the enforcement of personnel policy.
- Sets high and challenging productivity and quality standards for self and work group; encourages new ideas and work methods to lower costs and increase productivity, efficiency, quality and safety.
- Develop and implement Facility training programs for the Maintenance personnel including cross training of Facility Staff to create a more flexible and productive Facility environment. Provide coaching, training, and development opportunities for the team to ensure appropriate skill sets are maintained and personnel are qualified for the activities with which they are being asked to perform.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Support both Owner and EthosEnergy programs. Implement programs and directives in a positive manner with a high level of confidence and commitment. Strive to address issues and/or concerns of the Staff by encouraging positive thinking and a high level of productivity. Address any negative attitudes promptly and with positive reinforcement. Provide regular updates to the Facility Manager of Staff morale and work ethics.
- Support the Facility Manager in the completion of all Facility reporting requirements including environmental, safety, budgeting, and Facility performance.
- Perform/assist in other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Leadership, positive attitude, and ability to build and manage a strong and proactive team.
- Ability to manage and motivate subordinates.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all facets of Power Plant maintenance and operations.
- Strong technical ability is required.
- Superior CMMS, Work Process, and Procedural knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
- Large GE Frame gas turbine and 7HA single shaft turbine experience an advantage.
- Capable of writing maintenance and operating procedures, work requests, and purchase requisitions.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, technical manuals and P&ID's.
- Understand budgets, bid proposals, contract evaluation, basic accounting principles, Plant economics and Power system operations.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Will write routine reports, solve practical problems, clearly communicate tasks and needs, and train other personnel.
- A minimum of eight year's relevant experience, with a minimum of four years in a supervisory or management position or a position in which there was oversight and delegation of tasks associated with completion of projects.
- Four to six years related experience and/or training; or a combination of experience and/or education preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- A four-year Degree or commensurate experience is preferred as well as a demonstrated track record of successful goal achievement.
- Ability to do walking, reaching, climbing, and stooping and lifting (up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to enter confined spaces and work at heights.
- This position could require working nights and/or weekends as necessary to support Facility operation and maintenance, in addition to a rotating duty schedule.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.