Shop Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- Posting Reference
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
EthosEnergy are currently recruiting for a Shop Supervisor within our South Sam Repair Facility in Houston, Texas. The Shop Supervisor is responsible for providing supervisory direction and leadership to assigned dept production operations in an industry leading gas and steam turbine repairs facility.
- Review daily time edit reports for time keeping and payroll as well as to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing quality, cycle time, cost reduction or projects improvement.
- Direct hourly employees in production and service.
- Provide technical support to shop employees involved in daily production.
- Perform personnel functions such as selection, training, coaching, and evaluation of direct reports and hourly personnel.
- Recommend capital improvement projects to put into effect improved quality, operations or technical processes or equipment
- Optimize performance through appropriate utilization of manpower, equipment, and resources.
- Implement programs and activities that provide a work environment that promotes safe work environment, a culture of compliance, effective goal accomplishment, productivity, and morale.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Trained in or experience with six sigma, Lean or other advanced tools to drive change, with demonstrated successes.
- Ability to lead craftsmen to a successful on time completion of each job.
- Must have expertise with shop processes and Quality Assurance methods.
- Knowledge of general human resources principles, practices, and objectives. Experience with Unions strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety principles, practices and policies.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing at all organizational levels.
- Ability to develop and maintain a team-based organizational structure.
- Organizational skills, managing several tasks concurrently, and working well with others in stressful situations.
- Proficiency in computer programs and software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Mastercam, AutoCAD) essential.
- Understanding basic engineering principles a plus
- Demonstrated leadership of hourly personnel.
- Strong experience with power generation & process equipment repairs and processes, essential.
- At least five (5) years of experience in turbine repair leader/supervisor, with a preference for eight (8) or more years.
- At least (8) years direct experience with industrial equipment manufacturing or repairs, with a preference for gas and steam turbine manufacturing or repairs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Walk, Twist, kneel, bend etc...
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.