Machinist - CNC
- Posting Reference
- Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Full Time
- Job Category
To operate CNC Lathes and in particular a Hankook Protec 9NC CNC Lathe in accordance with competence/knowledge, manufacturers’ operating instructions, laid down QHSE policies and procedures, ensuring that the required products as requested in Work Orders are manufactured and delivered within the required time frame and quality standards.
- Set-up and operates CNC machines in particular Hankook Protec 9NC CNC Lathe in accordance with competence/knowledge and manufacturers’ operating instructions in order to accomplish required job laid down in a Work Order, utilising the materials which accompany the Work Order.
- Visually check cutting tools and materials to commencing the work, replacing the tools from stores and reporting any defect in the materials to the Workshop Supervisor where appropriate.
- Operate the machine safely and competently in accordance with operating instructions, and ensuring that good safety and housekeeping standards are maintained as laid down QHSE policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with QC Inspector after completion of the works.
- Ensure that an effective hand-over is carried out at the beginning/ end of each shift, assuring that any specific work or safety related information is communicated.
- Read and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished work pieces, sequences of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as required.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machine.
- Performs other related field, maintenance or shop duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for the general housekeeping and cleaning of area of working.
- Program Fanuc CNC controls.
- Set and operate CNC lathes (HANKOOK 9NC, DOOSAN 800 and DOOSAN 400)
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Expert in Programing/Setting/Operating CNC lathes in particular Hankook Protec 9NC CNC Lathe.
- Programing Fanuc 21i-TB and Fanuc 32i Model B controls.
- In the use of precision measuring equipment
- Dimensional checking of components
- Trade Machinist.
- Minimum 07 years previous experience working with CNC Lathes.
- Minimum 3 years working on Hankook Protec 9NC CNC Lathe.
- API equipment manufacture and repair.
- API threading experience.
- Premium threading experience (desirable)
- Ideally should have extensive experience in a workshop environment for oil and gas companies.
- Trade Machinist
- Light physical effort
- Sufficient physical ability to work in an industrial workshop environment
- May require travel across the Middle East and GCC countries
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.