Turbine Lead Engineer (RB211)
- Posting Reference
- Remote, Remote, UK
- Full Time
- Job Category
Responsible for the safe and reliable operation and monitoring of three RB211 packages on a major client contract. Lead the preparation and execution of planned / unplanned maintenance interventions. Act as a subject matter expert providing ongoing technical support to rotating equipment engineers and site-based technicians.
The role is office based in either our Aberdeen or Lincoln site, with travel to site locations (onshore & offshore) as and when required.
- The key responsibilities of the Technical Representatives roles will be:
- To comply with EthosEnergy and client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures always ensuring that all accidents/incidents/near misses/hazards are immediately reported, and relevant paperwork is completed.
- Lead planning and execution of routine maintenance, ensuring readiness for scheduled campaign maintenance (incl. availability of parts and consumables at site).
- Support development, implementation and close out of management of change requests.
- Act as hands on focal point/specialist, coordinating/providing technical and fault-finding support.
- Contribution/advising/coordinating frontline spares & critical spares holding.
- Active contribution/advising/coordinating frontline hand tooling & specialised tool holding.
- Active contribution in providing input into preparation of method statements and Workpack based on their maintenance activities at site.
- Active contribution to client maintenance strategies to further develop and optimise maintenance planning.
- Provide technical support in the development of complex manpower, purchasing and repair proposals.
- Complete any of the clients required training to enable the individual to become PA trained.
- Closely interface with other employees, contractors, and customer’s personnel.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Assist in all troubleshooting activities and effectively communicating with site-based teams
- Being able to analyse package running data.
- Provide adequate levels of support to site based engineers during scheduled/unscheduled maintenance (day to day, yearly service; overhaul).
- To provide reports on a regular basis about technical conditions, shutdown events, troubleshooting and improvement recommendations regarding unit operation and spare parts.
- Review reliability and availability data and report any anomalies.
- Participate and contribute to optimising short and long term maintenance plans.
- Detailed Turbo Engine Experience in : - RB211-G gas fuel non DLE & RT62 / ERB1 Power Turbines packages. - Turbine controls; Rolls Royce RB211 and Siemens Energy compression operating philosophy, Allen Bradley platform 3rd party control logic for high speed rotating equipment, HMI control. an advantage. - Boroscopic Inspections. - Understanding vibration behaviour of rotating machines. - Knowledge of and ability to interpret technical drawings and P&IDs. - Experience working with CMMS / ERP databases and operational risk assessment tools.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Degree or HNC/HND and relevant experience.
- Must be able to travel and work at offshore facility
- Customer site located in Barrow #LI-remote
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.