- Posting Reference
- #LI-HB1 IND1
- Berwick, PA, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
We are currently recruiting for an HSE (Health, Safety, and Environmental) Manager to join our Team. The HSE Manager is responsible for implementation and on-going support of health, safety, and environmental (HSE) plans, policies, procedures, and compliance programs. The HSE Manager will provide guidance and direction to plant personnel in achieving compliance with all applicable regulatory obligations and corporate management/governance controls.
Candidate should be able to support the site’s Management Team with strategic HSE planning and program development to further improve the site’s HSE performance. This position reports directly to the Facility Manager.
Freedom Generating Station (FGS) is a $1 billion, 1,050MW, state-of-the-art 2x1x1 GE 7HA.02 combined cycle electric power generating Facility in Luzerne County, PA.
- Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Support site facility in implementing corporate HSE programs.
- Conduct annual reviews of the HSE procedures and recommend necessary improvements.
- Responsible for HSE compliance for the Power Plant.
- Support development and implementation of plant annual HSE plans, goals, and strategies for improving safety and environmental performance.
- Conduct periodic HSE audits and prepare audit reports.
- Review safety incidents or environmental deviations or to ensure that effective investigations focusing on cause and corrective measures are implemented and shared by all facilities. Utilize the Corporate Analysis and Incident Reporting System to track and share safety incidents or environmental deviations.
- Support the management of key environmental programs including air quality, hazardous waste, wastewater discharge, and pollution prevention. Programs include, but not limited to: Title V Air Permit; National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES); Storm Water Management; and Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan.
- Manage key Facility health and safety programs including Safety Committee, Safety Observation, Operational Assessments, Station Drills, and Quarterly Safety Day.
- Support the management of key safety programs including, but not limited to: Facility Response Plan; OSHA General Industry, Construction, and Recordkeeping; NFPA 70E; and EPA Hazardous Waste Regulations.
- Communicate with the Facility owner and regulatory agencies as necessary to address environmental reporting, deviations, and notices of non-compliance.
- Develop, review, update, and train employees on applicable spill prevention plans, risk management plans, and storm water pollution prevention plans, permit applications, risk management plans and emergency response plans.
- Active HSE participation and management of the Facility Staff and Contractors. Particularly during Outages, a visible presence and observations of Contractor HSE performance is required on a daily basis.
- Conduct, manage, and track HSE related training through the training web based application and other facility records. Responsible for the management of HSE computer based training and instructor led training.
- Manage HSE compliance requirements in the web based compliance tracking tool, including ensuring tasks are completed prior to the due date, adding completion comments for the task, uploading completion evidence/documentation for the task, and adding additional compliance tasks as necessary.
- Manage compliance obligations related to the quality assurance requirements for continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS) for the Facility. Act as the CEMS subject matter expert for emissions reporting. Develop CEMS analyzer troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain professional affiliations with HSE organizations and other professionals, in order to keep current with new regulations, as well as good management practices.
- Strives to improve HSE skills and knowledge.
- Perform/assist in other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to deal with complex safety situations is required.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently. Also, must be an effective team player with a record of consensus building with internal/external parties.
- Effective management of compliance and project goals such as meeting submittal deadlines and managing scope and project costs.
- Ability to perform and manage multiple tasks and issues simultaneously and perform assigned responsibilities at a high level in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Leadership, positive attitude, and ability to manage a strong and proactive team from an HSE perspective.
- Will write routine reports, solve practical problems, clearly communicate tasks and needs, and train other personnel.
- Specialized regulatory knowledge of health, safety, and environmental (both federal and state) regulations, including OSHA, NFPA, Clean Air and Water, and Waste Disposal.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to learn and manage specific web based applications (incident reporting system, compliance calendar, web based training, etc.).
- Adherence to EthosEnergy corporate environmental policies and directives.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Quality Programs and tools a plus.
- Commensurate experience/professional training is required as well as a demonstrated track record in developing, implementing, and maintaining health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures in an industrial setting.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in the HSE field is required for this position.
- Strong communication and willingness to have a hands-on approach is required.
- Experience working in a power plant or in an industrial facility is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Environmental Sciences, Safety Management, Engineering, or science-related field.
- DOT (Department of Transportation) Ground Shipper Certification.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)/Certified Environmental Specialist (CES) certification a plus.
- Ability to do walking, reaching, climbing, and stooping and lifting (up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to enter confined spaces and work at heights.
- The position requires occasional travel.
- Support off hours, nights and weekends, evolutions such as outages or emergency response as required.
- This position may require working nights and/or weekends as necessary to support Facility operation and maintenance and outages, in addition to a rotating duty schedule. #LI-HB1
What We Offer
- The salary range for this position is $120k - $145k based upon prior experiences and relevant skills.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.