Entry Level Machinist - 2nd Shift
- Posting Reference
- Chicopee, MA, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
This is an entry level CNC Machinist role that requires approximately 1 year experience in a manufacturing setting.
Must machine to finished dimensions with tolerances <.0005” with a wide variety of parts, with limited supervision. This position requires that you are a United States citizen or are a resident with a green card.
- Perform assigned duties with limited assistance and minor supervision.
- Consistently meet or exceed company or industry standards for quality of work and manufacturing times established for this position.
- Perform follow-up operations, such as deburring, polishing, grinding, and threading.
- Perform and document in-process QA inspections. (Follow Route Tag instructions)
- Perform regular maintenance. (monitor oil reservoir, coolant levels and fill as needed)
- Confers with co-workers to resolve machining problems or to develop process improvements.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Keeps work station clean and organized.
- Follows all established safety procedures and practices.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Can select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers, using commercially available tooling and products whenever possible.
- Willingly shares information and knowledge with superiors, peers and other team members.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine readouts.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and notifies appropriate individuals as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Minimum of 1 years of Manual and CNC Milling Machines
- Machinist degree from trade school plus a High School Diploma / GED
- Frequently required to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer
- Supportive company culture that values its employees
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & 401 K Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Extra money in your paycheck - Employee Referral Bonus
- Personal Development & Career Succession Planning
- Company sponsored Perks & Discount programs
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.