Instrumentation & Controls Technician
- Posting Reference
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
The IC&E Technician will be required to install, troubleshoot, and repair instrumentation, controls, computers, and electrical systems of the facility. This equipment includes, but is not limited to the Steam Turbine Generators, and auxiliary equipment. Strictly adheres to all safety and environmental rules and regulations to protect employees and public safety.
- Diagnoses and repairs the cause of instrument and control system malfunctions including transmitters, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), plant or distributive control systems, instrument loops, flow meters, pressure probes, temperature probes, level probes, repair electrical systems control malfunctions of equipment such as transformers, relays, switches, control, generator monitoring and control systems, medium and high voltage distribution systems and monitoring devices.
- Installs new electrical equipment as required.
- Properly uses electrical test equipment and other similar tools.
- Performs (with assistance as needed) the maintenance of equipment by cleaning, adjusting, tightening, performing preventative or corrective maintenance and identifying equipment in need of corrective maintenance. Writes, submits and clears corrective work orders for approval.
- Initiates purchase orders, coordinates with and directs outside contractors as required to ensure completion of position responsibilities.
- Performs 480V and high voltage switchyard basis electrical systems maintenance (consistent with EEG electrical safety practices) and or supervise outside contractors in the performance of such work including the development of work scope and bid analysis.
- Performs routine generator electrical system test and inspections to the extent qualified and or supervise an outside contractor as required.
- Operates and maintains a combined cycle power generating facility equipment with minimal guidance or assistance.
- Reads meters, gauges, or automatic devices to record data such as temperature of equipment, vibration of equipment, hours of operation, pressure, and fluid levels, water chemistry to verify operating conditions.
- Keeps LOMT on shift fully informed of unusual conditions and current job progress as the job relates to facility operations
- Uses facility operating procedures and equipment technical manuals to maintain and repair facility equipment and ensure equipment is operated within operating range.
- Fully supports the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System by displaying a proficiency in using the system and dedication to the facility maintenance philosophy. Performs CMMS data entry and work order close-out in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Starts and stops equipment, opens and closes valves in the facility as directed by and in coordination with the LOMT on shift.
- Visually inspects and maintains equipment by tightening fittings, replacing valve packing, gaskets, valves, and gauges. Cleaning, replacing, oiling and lubricating other component parts and equipment as required.
- Perform water chemistry analysis on the cooling tower and demineralizer systems ensure water chemistry is within proper control ranges make adjustments to water chemistry, as needed, by controlling chemical feed and/or blow down rates Work with OMTs and water treatment vendor to properly monitor overall chemistry program.
- Opens and closes circuit breakers as required for proper system operation and electrical isolation.
- Performs capital project and/or major program responsibilities as assigned by the FM.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of the plant.
- Coordinates I&C work with contractors as necessary.
- Updates drawings and prints as required.
- Supports Maintenance Manager in planning and scheduling duties, especially as related to outages.
- Performs annual instrument calibrations as part of the electrical and instrumentation team.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Instrumentation & Electrical school education preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must have an understanding of 40CFR Part 75 and Part 60 environmental regulations.
- May be required to operate a fork lift and similar equipment.
- Reads understands and complies with all regulatory and facility safety procedures
- DCS experience is required
- This position requires more than 10 years’ experience in power plants.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in and industrial environment.
- Five (5)+ years electrical and or instrumentation experience in an industrial environment with the ability to demonstrate journeyman level knowledge.
- Experience with ABB (Bailey) DCS, GE Mark V (MKV) turbine controls, GE Mark VI (MKVI) turbine controls, or Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Experience with Maximo corrective maintenance management system.
- Two (2) years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment and the ability to demonstrate a journeyman level knowledge in the Electrical and/or Instrumentation craft.
- Experience with Siemens Energy TPX turbine control system is preferred.
- Experience with CEMTEK CEMS and ESC DAHS systems preferred.
- Experience with low, medium and high voltage switchgear and transformers is preferred.
- Preferred CEMS maintenance/Trouble shooting experience.
- DCS to I/O to field device troubleshooting experience is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree or bachelor’s degree in Industrial Electronics, Electronic Instrumentation, or equivalent engineering studies is preferred
- Instrumentation & Electrical school education preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers dexterously to operate tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and communicate orally. Vision abilities required, Sitting for extended periods may be required. The employee must be able to transport up to 50 pounds
- Work overtime, or irregular hours as needed to support reliable operation of the facility.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & 401 K Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Extra Money in your Paycheck - Employee Referral Bonus
- Personal Development & Career Succession Planning
- Company sponsored Perks & Discount programs
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.