- Posting Reference
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Specialist to join the team in Houston, TX. This role supports the overall commercial process by generating documents and models to support the proposal development, contract negotiation, and deal approval. This role reports to the Sr Commercial Director for the Gas Turbine and Generator Product Line and plays a key role in the growth of the Gas Turbine business.
- Proposal Structure and Development
- Develops and writes proposals targeted to the opportunity, customer drivers, and sales strategy
- Manages proposal volume within their queue, with appropriate management techniques, to meet internal and external deadlines
- Develops price and cost models for transactional proposals involving one or more products or services related to a single facility or operating center/RBU Deal Review and Approval Process
- Maintains all internal document control processes including hard copy and electronic storage.
- Understands EthosEnergy’s approval processes (Contract Policy, Delegation of Authority for approvals, Compliance, Finance)
- Prepares deal approval documents required for regional and/or team based approvals
- Provides timely turnover of signed contracts within the Commercial Turnover processes and tools Management Reporting
- Ensures that Sales maintains SalesForce details on assigned opportunities and verifies that SalesForce details are accurate prior to closing an Opportunity as “Closed-Won” Interpersonal Skills and Relationships
- Responds to people’s concerns in a helpful, responsive manner.
- Demonstrates diplomacy, tact, skill and discretion when dealing with others; uses behaviors which are appropriate for the workplace and situations. Continuous Improvement
- Develops and implements standard documents and templates for proposals, marketing materials, websites, and vendor qualification packages.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent organization and communication skills; able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Functional knowledge of product mix within assigned commercial product team
- Ability to negotiate effectively internally and externally.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively, at a tactical and a strategic level, within own team and with other teams,
- Ability to balance multiple commitments simultaneously, consistently meeting deadlines
- 2-4 years experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance
- Occasional travel required
- Ideally candidate will be based in Houston
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.