Operation and Maintenance Technician - Control Room Operator
- Posting Reference
- Harrisville, RI, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
This position will primarily be responsible for coordination of all on shift operations. These responsibilities include the safe operation of all plant equipment throughout a variety of operational scenarios from cold plant startup to emergency operations during plant upsets. This is a Control Room Operator (CRO) position and will require excellent troubleshooting, diagnosis and decision making and leadership skills. This position will require a good working experience with the use of Distributive Control System (DCS) computers to operate plant equipment and for monitoring of equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters. Incumbent should have a good working knowledge of PC computers using Microsoft Office products and using software for issuing of Lockout Tagouts. Incumbents will also assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and provide input to plant improvement items to improve plant efficiency, reliability and safety. Must have knowledge to perform chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Regularly required to maintain plant security, operate heavy equipment such as manlifts and forklifts, and handle and transfer bulk chemicals.
- Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
- Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
- Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
- Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
- Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Requires previous experience as a CRO or extensive knowledge of power plant equipment and controls. Basic experience with machinery repair and control systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and/or electricity, basic understanding of chemistry, physics, and mathematics.
- Advanced certifications/licensures.
- Senior level; generally 10+ years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
- Junior-level generally 5+ years’ experience.
- Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
- High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school, military service or equivalent.
- Ability to do walking, reaching, climbing, and stooping and lifting (up to 50 pounds).
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.