- Posting Reference
- Dover Plains, NY, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Engineer at our Cricket Valley Energy Plant in Dover Plains NY. Cricket Valley Energy is a state-of-the-art nominally rated 1100 MW facility that employs a 3 X 1 X 1 configuration with GE 7FA.05 Combustion Turbines, ALSTOM HRSG and Alstom Steam Turbines.
The position will be responsible for performance monitoring, regulatory compliance, engineering design, capital projects, operational and maintenance consulting support. The position will work with the Site HSE/Compliance Manager to ensure a safe working environment and reports to the Facility Manager.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the resolution/prevention of equipment problems to all operations and maintenance teams.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and technical back-up to maintenance and operations staff.
- Provide leadership and responsibility for all NERC requirements. ,
- Works with Maintenance and Operations personnel to evaluate and resolve equipment/process issues.
- Ensures all statutory and regulatory obligation are met or exceeded on assigned areas during the ongoing operation and maintenance of the facility
- Direct the activities of contractors to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Responsible for troubleshooting plant issues, using mechanical knowledge in recommending course of action; mechanical aptitude for determining causes of failure.
- Site Rotating Equipment Expert
- Identify, evaluate and provide solutions to complex technical problems in a timely manner.
- Provide plant leadership in the area of pressure vessel regulatory compliance and insurer requirements.
- Participate in station planning processes as required to assure technical accountability for works being executed.
- Develop technical and commercial scope for contract support requirements for assigned equipment areas.
- Leadership of, development input into and technical approval of planned maintenance scopes (shutdowns), and provides field leadership to technicians where required during shutdowns.
- Provides proactive support to the station management team through day to day activities and participation in station leadership.
- Carry out project engineering works, as assigned to prescribed station standards
- Maintain, audit and continuously improve technical competency profiles for Maintenance technicians – recommending and providing training as appropriate.
- Create and issue timely monthly condition and cost reports for assigned areas and equipment.
- Obtain and disseminate current intelligence on the relevant industrial best practices pertaining to assigned equipment areas.
- Provide detailed and documented input to facility business planning and budget planning processes.
- Provide monthly report for plant aspects – efficiency, availability, reliability
- Must proactively strive to achieve technical competence in all areas of the plant (incl. performance management systems, commercial processes and mechanical systems)
Required Skills / Knowledge
- A technical knowledge of Power Plant Operations and Maintenance, performance calculations, and practices.
- Ability to continually maintain the general health of the DCS, Mark Ve, programmable logic controllers and field devices including transmitters, control valves, meters and process analytical devices.
- Strong computer skills to include spreadsheets, databases, word- processing and project software.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate complex issues to management and peers clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Aptitude for determining causes of failure.
- Strong Electrical background preferred.
- Safety oriented: Keeps safety in mind always – looks out for the safety of teammates and self.
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues as they relate to plant Operations and Maintenance.
- Ability to productively work independently and as an integral plant staff team member.
- Capable of working independently with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a short time frame.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations.
- A thorough demonstrated understanding of power plant operations, including hands-on experience with Operations & Maintenance functions.
- Understanding of plant economics and merchant electricity market operations.
- Understanding of budgets, bid proposals, contract evaluation and basic accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make sound professional judgments and recommendations.
- Ability to manage and motivate colleagues.
- Strong oral and written communication with individuals at all levels within the company.
- Proficient with a computer and with the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD.
- Position requires that the incumbent be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Will be available to travel as required.
- A four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering is required as well as a demonstrated track record of successful goal achievement.
- Minimum of five year's relevant experience.
- A thorough, demonstrated knowledge of energy facility operations and maintenance as well as management methods are necessary to control and improve facility performance.
- A willingness to have a hands-on approach is required.
- Knowledge and experience with General Electric Combustion Turbines would be an asset.
- Experience in Power Plant Electrical systems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Management of Change and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis processes would be an asset.
- Position requires periods of intense physical exertion, including walking, climbing, and lifting.
- Ability to lift and move material up to 50 pounds.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.