Engineering Intern (Santa Rosa Energy Center)
- Posting Reference
- Pace, FL, USA
- Job Category
The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of station management. This 12-week program applies knowledge engineering principles and practices to a variety of assignments in support of plant operations and maintenance. This role will work on small projects or portions of larger projects, shadow and assist station operations and maintenance personnel as assigned, develop their own recommendations for resolving assigned technical issues, assist with regulatory compliance, and contribute to overall station reliability.
- Participate in daily activities associated with the safe and reliable operation of the plant including but not limited to maintenance routines, start-up and shutdown activities. Gain knowledge of gas turbine/steam turbine generator operations through team interaction and self-directed research. Work activities will include both theory and practice in all areas of power plant operations & maintenance. Work with equipment on analysis and troubleshooting of equipment problems. Assists with assigned projects. Other plant-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Must be able to follow instructions and be a team player. Must have effective verbal and written communications skills. Advanced user knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Limited in power industry perferred but none required
- Must be enrolled full-time in an ABET accredited engineering program at a four -year college or university Prefer Mechanical, Electrical, or Power Engineering Must have a 3.0 GPA or greater
- Must be able to sit, stand, be able to climb stairs and ladders and able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to be comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces. Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.