- Posting Reference
- Dover Plains, NY, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager position at our Cricket Valley Energy Plant in Dover Plains NY. Cricket Valley Energy is a state-of-the-art nominally rated 1100 MW facility that employs a 3 X 1 X 1 configuration with GE 7FA.05 Combustion Turbines, ALSTOM HRSG and Alstom Steam Turbines.
This position is responsible for providing supervision, direction and leadership to the operations staff including the Lead Operations & Maintenance Technicians (LOMTs) for Operations and Operation’s OMTs. Oversee the day-to-day operation’s activities, maintain environmental compliance and ensure that the facility is operated in a safe, reliable, and economic manner consistent with site O&M Agreement, contracts, permits, and rules and regulations written instructions form the Facility Owner. This position reports directly to the Facility Manager.
- Direct Operations Department daily activities.
- Promote a safe working environment and ensure that all personnel and contractors follow plant and company safety procedures and policies.
- Support both Owner and Ethos Energy programs. Implement programs and directives in a positive manner with a high level of confidence and commitment. Strive to address issues and/or concerns of the staff by encouraging positive thinking and a high level of productivity. Address any negative attitudes promptly and with positive reinforcement. Provide regular updates to the Facility Manager of staff morale and work ethics.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Direct plant lockout-tagout, confined space, and hot work programs.
- Develop and implement facility training programs for the operations personnel including cross training of facility staff to create a more flexible and productive plant environment. Provide coaching, training, and development opportunities for the team to ensure appropriate skill sets are maintained and personnel are qualified for the activities with which they are being asked to perform.
- Delegate projects and tasks to the operations personnel to maintain an acceptable back-log of work orders, work is properly distributed, and all personnel are being exposed to the various functions in the plant thus increasing the experience level of the staff.
- Support the HSE Manager to ensure the facility environmental compliance, including the preparation of quarterly and annual reports. Interface with consultants, as needed, in the completion of environmental projects.
- Support the Facility Manager in the completion of all facility reporting requirements including environmental, safety, budgeting, and plant performance.
- Monitor and optimize plant performance. This should include periodic testing, evaluations, and recommendations to the owner for improvement projects with cost justifications. Encourage the plant staff to incorporate improvements internally to reduce contractor costs.
- Provide input and support in the development of the annual budget and annual operating plans.
- Manage the operations staff to promote efficient operations and utilization of overtime hours.
- Maintains a productive and motivated staff through sound human resource management and the enforcement of personnel policy.
- Sets high and challenging productivity and quality standards for self and work group; encourages new ideas and work methods to lower costs and increase productivity, efficiency, quality and safety.
- Develop department training guidelines. Work with departmental personnel to ensure job/task development and knowledge base are maintained at required levels.
- Monitors inventory levels of chemicals and consumables related to operations to assure adequate supplies are available to maintain operations.
- Perform/assist in other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of all facets of power plant operations.
- Strong technical ability is required
- Demonstrates the ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
- A thorough demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of operations & maintenance functions with Frame 7FA turbine experience is required.
- Capable of writing operating procedures, work requests, and purchase requisitions.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, technical manuals and P&ID's.
- Understand budgets, bid proposals, contract evaluation, basic accounting principles, plant economics and Power system operations.
- Ability to manage and motivate subordinates.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Will write routine reports, solve practical problems, clearly communicate tasks and needs, and train other personnel.
- A minimum of eight year's relevant experience, with a minimum of four years in a supervisory or management position or a position in which there was oversight and delegation of tasks associated with completion of projects.
- Four to six years related experience and/or training; or a combination of experience and/or education preferred.
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- A four-year degree or commensurate experience is required as well as a demonstrated track record of successful goal achievement.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to do walking, reaching, climbing, and stooping and lifting (up to 50 pounds).
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.