HSSE and Facility Maintenance Specialist
- Posting Reference
- Aberdeen, UK
- Full Time
- Job Category
The purpose of the position is to work with the Facility Operations Manager to ensure focus and drive for HSSE compliance and facility maintenance activity for EthosEnergy Accessories and Components in Dyce, Aberdeen.
- In conjunction with central HSSE, compile, manage and complete the annual HSSE safety plan.
- Conduct HSSE audits across the BU, track audit findings and drive implementation of corrective actions
- Implement an effective HSSE training program as part of the overall plan
- Monitor safety performance using both leading, lagging indicators. Implement practical and effective methods to promote safe working practices in the workplace
- Foster within the site an ethos that safety and accident prevention are an integral part of business and operational efficiency.
- Statistical reporting on HSSE metrics on a monthly basis
- Ensure HSSE procedures are current and compliant
- Maintain contact where appropriate with official and professional bodies; Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Environmental Health Officer, Fire Authorities, and other safety related organisations
- Monitor HSSE performance, share lessons learned and work with EthosEnergy HSSE Team to develop and implement continuous improvement programs
- Provide expert advice in identifying and addressing HSE issues
- Administration of Safety Observation Card system
- Administer risk, manual handling and COSHH assessments, monitoring and reviewing in order to eliminate or control the risk being undertaken
- Provide assistance to the management team when introducing and enforcing site HSSE procedures
- Conduct safety induction training for new employees ---------------------------------------------------------------------
- Ensure the administration of Facility plans/drawings are in place and up to date.
- Ensure each asset has an Integrity Management report IAW with the scheduled maintenance plan.
- Administer the bi - annual calibration/service requirements of Company assets (tooling, lifting equipment).
- Arrange for any/all short notice minor facilities repairs, to be carried out (plumbing/electrical/heating etc.).
- Create relevant Purchase Requisitions for maintenance activities.
- Meet/greet contractors coming on site/arrange for relevant work permits to be raised by Team Leaders or Manager
- Monitor work wear requirements via Vendor reports; administer repairs requests to work wear.
- Ensure all company vehicles are maintained IAW with scheduled maintenance plan.
- Utilize scheduled maintenance plan to ensure close out of all maintenance activities to include receipt of invoice and close out of invoice.
- Any other Facilities/Maintenance or Integrity Management duties as deemed necessary by Local Management.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in setting and promoting excellence in the delivery of HSSE
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of HSSE programs, goals, procedures and policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit and compliance monitoring tools and ability to conduct effective audits and assessments
- Extensive knowledge of HSSE regulations, HSSE policies and procedures and ability to apply such knowledge to effectively drive compliance and manage risk. A balanced knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations is critical for this position
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use effective HSSE assessment, monitoring and communication tools, accident/injury prevention programmes, HSSE risk management strategies. Ability to apply such programs to the wider organisation
- Able to work as part of a team as well as unsupervised.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous and relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience dealing with day to day facilities requirements
- Good understanding of and experience working with ISO, OHSAS and other appropriate industry standards
- Minimum NEBOSH General certificate or equivalent
- Proven track record of delivering HSSE Objectives within a small/medium sized organisation.
- Must be able to move freely around a manufacturing environment.
- The position requires infrequent travel
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.