- Posting Reference
- Aberdeen, UK
- Full Time
- Job Category
The purpose of the position is to perform the full range of Stores/Inspection duties and services for the EthosEnergy Accessories and Components division. This includes the accurate booking in and booking out of all items for stock, sale or repair. The safe storage and retrieval of customer products, the packing and preparation for shipment of customer orders.
Carrying out incoming and final inspection activities to ensure all goods being received conform to purchase order requirements and all finished goods conform to customer requirements prior to shipment. Delivery of customer orders and sub contract orders within the local vicinity and maintaining the highest standard of 5S within packaging, receipt/despatch and stores areas of the business.
- 1. Goods Inwards
- To receive in all goods delivered to the company.
- Carry out basic visual inspection of goods received - checking for damage to, quantity of and quality of items received.
- Entering of all goods received on to Visaer and correlating the items received to the purchase order to ensure our order requirements are fulfilled.
- To book on to the Visaer all items received from customers for repair. 2. Stock Control
- To maintain the highest level of stock integrity for all stock parts, Customer owned spares and Customer products awaiting repair.
- To maintain quality, batch control and traceability of all parts and to ensure the department operates to the quality manual.
- To issue and deliver stock parts to the workshop as required and to update Visaer accordingly.
- To carry out regular cycle count activities when required. 3. Goods Out
- To accurately pick stock items in accordance with the outgoing paperwork ensuring conformance to the customer’s requirements.
- To adequately package all orders for safe delivery to the customer.
- To liaise with the various carriers used for delivery to customers. 4. Inspection
- To accurately check incoming items in accordance with purchase order and drawing details to ensure parts and paperwork conform to purchase order requirements.
- To accurately check all complete orders to ensure parts are in suitable condition and paperwork has been appropriately completed to ensure goods conform to customer requirements prior to releasing for final shipment to the customer.
- To accurately complete CORE review for all incoming customer orders to ensure appropriate details are captured and workscope requirements are detailed in accordance with customers requirements.
- Support the Quality Manager to ensure measuring and test equipment is calibrated and that the CCMS is kept up to date. 5. General
- To operate the counter balance truck for the safe storage and retrieval of customer products.
- To maintain the highest standards of 5S in the Stores/inspection areas, keeping the working area / stores free of hazards, reporting any potential dangers to your immediate supervisor&/or HSE personel as soon as they arise.
- Ensure that all components and materials are handled and transported in a safe manner.
- To deliver products within the local vicinity using the Company van. To ensure the van is always maintained to the highest standards and any faults immediately reported.
- Ensure that work area adheres to site HSE requirements.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Mechanical/technical experience, preferably from a Gas Turbine background or similar environment.
- Confident in reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as micrometers and vernier calipers
- English language skills - written, reading and verbal
- Attentive to detail and desire to output a quality product.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Proactive attitude and proven ability of working within a team environment.
- Good standard of computer literacy.
- Focussed on detail
- Strong numerical literacy and administration skills
- Flexible, self- motivated and high levels of initiative- ability to handle multiple tasks
- Prepared to work part independently on own initiative and as part of a team involved in a culture of continuous improvement
- High sense of responsibility and ethic
- Customer service ethic, with focus on excelling both internal and external customer satisfaction
- MS Office skills desirable.
- Knowledge of VISaer desirable, however training will be provided.
- Relevant industrial experience in a similar role.
- Modern apprentice qualified in a mechanical discipline, which requires the following qualifications: SVQ levels two and three, or City & Guilds equivalent, and National Certificate.
- Full driving licence.
- Counter balance truck licence (preferred but training can be provided)
- Fit and healthy subject to pre employment medical. #LI-HB1
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.