- Posting Reference
- East Windsor, CT, USA
- Job Category
Directly supervises employees in the Purchasing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include;
• interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
• planning, assigning, and directing work;
• appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
• addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of buyers involved in purchasing materials, products and services.
- Actively maintain and improve existing supplier relationships; including resolution of supplier non-conformances, performing cost analysis, quality requirements and ability to maintain delivery schedules.
- Quote materials, services and manufactured parts while ensuring the best possible price and quality.
- Initiate, process, and expedite purchase orders to ensure production needs are satisfied.
- Maintain inventory minimum and/or maximum requirements to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Maintain quote files as an aid to the customer support and marketing departments.
- Maintain an inventory of office and shop supplies.
- Analyze trends in the market place.
- Perform other related and associated duties as necessitated by responsibilities or as directed.
- Conducts oneself in a business like manner and in the spirit of teamwork.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area and adheres to all housekeeping requirements.
- Complies with all EHS standards and procedures as outlined in the EHS program and employee handbook.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as professional letters and correspondence, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical problems.
- Ability to solve practical problems using pre-existing standards. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have good organization, written communication, and computer skills and the ability to work with word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 1-3 years related experience
- High school or equivalent plus additional training and/or technical school
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to type, and handle or feel objects.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.