Technical Field Advisor - Generators (Electrical)
- Posting Reference
- Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Full Time
- Job Category
- Field Service
The Generator Technical Field Advisor (TFA) provides on-site technical assistance to customer’s Generators. Responsible for inspection, diagnostics and troubleshooting of systems and equipment.
- Perform inspection and testing of the generator using NDT (UT, PT, VT) processes and electrical analysis using specialised equipment.
- Contributes in execution of projects, including: generator field and stator rewinds and general generator repairs
- Identify and record generator defects.
- Performs diagnostic evaluation, troubleshooting and periodic and unscheduled maintenance on generators.
- Prepare routine reports.
- Support and other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of electrical circuits, equipment and electrical troubleshooting
- Knowledge of prints/print reading, such as manufacturing drawings, P&IDs and schematic drawings
- Be alert in observing hazards and avoiding accidents.
- Excellent communicator, able to dialogue with customers, peers and external contractors with clear, concise professionalism.
- Able to perform lone working and self motivate at times
- Have minimum 3 years experience in power industry generators, inspection and diagnostics
- Technical qualification with rotating electrical/mechanical equipment expertise
- Hold current NDT Level II (PT, MT, VT) qualifications.
- Experience and qualification in Stator Wedge Analysis and ELCID testing preferred
- Physically fit
- International/Regional travel will be required
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.