OMT - CRO
- Posting Reference
- Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
An OMT-CRO is CRO qualified Auxiliary operator (OMT) who can man the DCS control board at Apex Generation Station and is responsible for the safe and proper operation and maintenance of the power facility with minimal guidance while assigned on shift and will assist Lead operator and other employees on shift as required. Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and instrumentation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to the gas turbine, steam turbine, generators, heat recovery steam generator, air compressors, water treatment equipment, motors, pumps, diesel generators, and other auxiliary equipment. Strictly adheres to all safety, environmental rules and regulations to protect employees and public safety. Salary range is $98,900 to $115,900 depending on experiences and skills.
- Competently operates and maintains a combined cycle generating facility and all associated auxiliary and support equipment with minimal guidance or assistance. This position requires making operating decisions based on plant procedures, environmental regulations, safety procedures, and using good judgment based on operating data.
- Proficient at operating the plant via a remote distributed control system (DCS). Periodically, equipment may need to be operated locally via PLC panel interfaces.
- Reads meters, gauges, or automatic devices to record data such as temperature of equipment, vibration of equipment, hours of operation, pressure, and fluid levels to verify operating conditions. Visually inspects and listens to equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- Communicates plant issues and keeps Operations Manager and/or Plant Manager fully informed of unusual conditions, damaged equipment, and current job progress as the job relates to facility operations. This also applies when performing maintenance when either on or off shift.
- Provides detailed status of plant conditions to fellow operators at shift turnover.
- Perform water chemistry analysis on HRSG, BOP auxiliary boiler, and cooling water component systems. Ensure water chemistry is within proper control ranges. Make adjustments to water chemistry, as needed, by controlling chemical feed and/or blowdown rates. Work with OMT’s and water treatment vendor to properly monitor overall chemistry program.
- Operate demineralized water system in accordance with OEM and plant procedures and monitor demineralized water to ensure quality is within acceptable limits.
- Fully supports the use of a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo) by displaying a proficiency in using the system, entering data consistent with fellow employees and dedication to the facility maintenance philosophy. Thoroughly records equipment problems on Maximo work requests and documents maintenance actions taken on work order forms. Handles corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance work orders in a timely and high quality manner. Shows diligence in documenting spare parts usage and re-ordering.
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, replacing valve packing, gaskets, valves, gauges, etc. and cleaning, replacing, oiling and lubricating other component parts and equipment as required.
- Opens and closes valves as required for proper system operation and mechanical isolation. Opens and closes circuit breakers as required for proper system operation and electrical isolation.
- Performs capital project and/or major program responsibilities as assigned by the O&M Supervisor.
- Repair, replace, dismantle and examine defective parts along with lubricating and cleaning parts.
- Sets up and operates various tools and instruments to repair parts and equipment.
- Diagnoses cause of mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment.
- Uses fluke meter and other test equipment to calibrate and repair plant instrumentation and electrical circuits.
- Assist in troubleshooting and inspecting programmable logic controllers, distributive control systems including control card replacement and wiring terminations.
- Assist OMT - I&E Technician in repairing plant instrumentation and plant equipment.
- Identify and resolve CEMS problems. Assist in performing calibrations and gas bottle change outs.
- Reads, understands and complies with all regulatory procedures and facility safety programs. Follow all plant environmental permits.
- Work shift hours, overtime, and irregular hours as needed to support reliable operation of the facility. From time to time the working hours will be determined on short notice based on plant requirements.
- Performs general housekeeping and continuous improvement of the appearance of the facility including painting projects as required. Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of the plant and control room, or other duties as assigned.
- Work in conjunction with the Lead operator to provide on-the-job skills training to others.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of all facets of power plant operations. Demonstrates the ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
- Capable of writing operating procedures, and work orders.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, technical manuals and P&ID's, write routine reports, solve practical problems.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical, instrumentation and electrical equipment knowledge is required.
- Min four to six years of Combined Cycle power plant experience and previously CRO qualified.
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or a combination of experience and/or education preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to do walking, reaching, climbing, and stooping and lifting (up to 75 pounds).
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.