CNC Lathe Operator
- Posting Reference
- Doha, Qatar
- Full Time
- Job Category
To operate CNC Turn mill center and a variety of machines type (i.e. conventional lathe, horizontal and vertical boring, milling and others) in accordance with competence/knowledge, manufacturers’ operating instructions, laid down QHSE policies and procedures.
- CNC Turning & Milling Operating with Programming, Work Setting & Proving on CNC machines, Tool Setting & Operating the CNC Machines Set-up and operates machines in accordance with competence/knowledge and manufacturers’ operating instructions in order to accomplish required job laid down in a Work Order, utilizing the materials which accompany the Work Order. Visually check cutting tools and materials prior to commencing the work, replacing the tools from stores and reporting any defect in the materials to the Workshop Supervisor where appropriate. Operate the machine safely and competently in accordance with operating instructions, and ensuring that good safety and housekeeping standards are maintained as laid down QHSE policies and procedures. Coordinate with QC Inspector after completion of the works Ensure that an effective hand-over is carried out at the beginning/ end of each shift, assuring that any specific work or safety related information is communicated. Read and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished work pieces, sequences of operations and setup requirements. Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as required. Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, vertical borers, grinders, and shapers. Performs other related field, maintenance or shop duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Should be able to read and interpret component drawings, machine components as per drawings, understand and accurately machine components within desired tolerances. Knowledge of AUTOCAD is an added advantage. Well versed with FANUC programming. Good communication skills in English language, both verbal and written. Basic mathematics skills. Advanced Machining knowledge.
- Experienced in CNC Turn mill center operation - 3 years Experience on a variety of machines types including lathe, horizontal and vertical boring, milling and others - 5 years Experience of machining API connections an advantage. Ideally should have extensive experience in a workshop environment for oil and gas companies
- ITI in Trade Machinist + NCVT CNC programming & CNC lathe operation/CNC milling operation course.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time during work-day. Manual dexterity to operate machine. Other basic physical effort
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.