- Posting Reference
- Duncan, SC, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
The role is to administer, plan, direct, and coordinate changes to the design, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. This roles responsibility includes our remote sites, data centers (physical and Cloud based) and network infrastructure applications.
- Supporting the daily operation of our network, assess infrastructure regularly and manage changes to ensure it continues to meet the necessary demand
- Ensure that all changes to the network/computing environment are reviewed and approved by appropriate management before resources are committed
- Protect data from infiltration through encryption, secure data storage, back up and other necessary means
- Manage server and file permissions applying principle of least privilege access
- Design, engineer, implement, monitor and support of WAN, LAN
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including but not limited to routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and Wifi access points
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, intrusion detection systems and vulnerability resolution
- Develop, implement, and maintain procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Work with network providers and third-party suppliers to drive resolution on problems
- After hours support will be required at times especially during network/server outages
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Microsoft Platform Experience
- Azure (Active Directory, Identity Protection, Infrastructure, Security, AADConnect)
- Intune and Mobile device management
- Windows Client & Server operating systems
- Office 365 Cloud (Administration, Security and Compliance)
- On Prem (active directory, DHCP, DNS, Radius, Certificates)
- Cisco Platforms Umbrella and Meraki Network Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Back Up – immutable offline cloud storage and remote site back up
- VMware ESX
- External DNS, DKIM, DMARC, DNSEC
- Self-motivated with strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills a must
- Able to work in a team and produce quality output under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, prioritization skill, and time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must possess a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in IT Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or related field
- Professional certifications are a plus (CISCO, Microsoft, VMware)
- Ability to work in a shop and field environment with light lifting.
- Candidate must hold a valid passport and be willing to travel 10-25%.
- Candidate must hold a valid driving license.
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.