Environmental Manager - Power Plant
- Posting Reference
- Granbury, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Job Category
This position will primarily be responsible for implementation and on-going support of health, safety and environmental (HSE) plans, policies, procedures, and compliance programs. Candidate should be able to support the site’s management team with strategic HSE planning and program development to further improve the site’s HSE performance. This position reports to Facility Managers for two facilities. Salary range is $115K to $125K depending on skills and experience.
HSE compliance support for two power plants located approximately 70 miles apart. The job requires visiting both plants at least 2 days a week. One power plant is located in Dallas, Texas. The other is located in Granbury, Texas.
Job Performance Measures:
Plant metrics including safety and environmental metrics, adherence to plant and corporate health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and directives.
- Responsible for HS and Environmental compliance for two power plants including maintaining and updating the compliance management systems used for both plants.
- Prepare and submit environmental reports, including but not limited to air quality emission and compliance reports, wastewater discharge reports, chemical inventory reports, etc. for two power plants.
- Manage compliance obligations related to the quality assurance requirements for continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS) for both plants.
- Support site facilities in implementing corporate HSE programs.
- Conduct annual reviews of the HSE plans and procedures and recommend necessary improvements.
- Support development and implementation of plant annual HSE plans, goals, and strategies for improving safety and environmental performance.
- Comply with all HSE recordkeeping and reporting requirements including submission of required safety reports.
- Review, manage and report safety incidents or environmental incidents to ensure that effective investigations focusing on cause and corrective measures are implemented and shared by all facilities.
- Support the management of key environmental programs including air quality, hazardous waste, wastewater discharge, pollution prevention and asbestos management.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies as necessary to address environmental reporting, deviations, facilitate agency inspections and notices of non-compliance.
- Develop, review, update, and train employees on applicable spill prevention plans, risk management plans, and storm water pollution prevention plans, permit applications, risk management plans and emergency response plans
- Conduct, manage, and track HSE related training through the training web site and other facility records.
- Maintain professional affiliations with HSE organizations and other professionals, in order to keep current with new regulations, as well as good management practices.
- Strives to improve HSE skills and knowledge.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to deal with complex safety situations is required.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Effective management of compliance and project goals such as meeting submittal deadlines and managing scope and project costs.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- Commensurate experience/professional training is required as well as a demonstrated track record in developing, implementing, and maintaining health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures in an industrial setting.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience is required for this position.
- Strong communication and willingness to have a hands-on approach is required.
- Experience working in a power plant or in an industrial facility is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with an engineering or science-related focus
- Position requires periods of intense physical exertion, including walking, climbing, and lifting.
- Ability to lift and move material up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to climb and perform a function up to a 12-ft ladder.
- The position requires frequent travel between two power plants located 70 miles apart and occasional travel for training or conferences
EthosEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit your details. We thank you for your application and interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
You may not meet all the criteria, however if you meet most, please apply.